Thursday, June 22, 2006

Welly welly well. U.S. Soccer Comes Home

Jim Litke "We Wuz Robbed" complete article here.

"The reason the United States is officially "Going, Going, Ghana!'' from the World Cup, as one headline put it memorably Thursday, is simple. It still hasn't bothered to learn how to play the world's game."

This is totally true. Even with AYSO and club soccer it's still treated like the bastard red-headed step-child of U.S. Sports. It's friggin embarassing. We got our pants pulled down and spanked in front of 1.3 billion people. I know the world wanted the U.S. to go down but cripes it didn't have to end like this. 


Well I'm glad the other half of my internal makeup is still innit (Brasil). Even though I know U.S. soccer is awful in the eyes of the public I know there is a ton of players that could dominate the international circuits here but haven't got the backing to do so. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home